Reporting Sick Parade

Open for all registered users to use.

Re: Reporting Sick Parade

Postby Padre » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:29 am

TWC_BlindAsABat wrote: there is a difference between "Whiskey" (from Ireland) and "Whisky" (mainly, but not exclusively, from Scotland).

You see, that's what so great about this crew, you get to learn something new all the time :D

I had no idea there was that much of a difference. Perhaps some free samples would help complete my education in the matter; what say ye Blind! :D
the Padre
"There are no atheists in Foxholes!!!"
Padre

Postby TWC_Iron_Horse » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:14 pm

Hi chaps now very nearly recovered sufficiently to join you back in the air possibly tomorrow, many thanks for your welcomed replies.

Regards
Iron.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.
TWC_Iron_Horse

Postby TWC_BlindAsABat » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:55 pm

Padre wrote:
TWC_BlindAsABat wrote: there is a difference between "Whiskey" (from Ireland) and "Whisky" (mainly, but not exclusively, from Scotland).

You see, that's what so great about this crew, you get to learn something new all the time :D

I had no idea there was that much of a difference. Perhaps some free samples would help complete my education in the matter; what say ye Blind! :D

If ever you get to Sussex it will be my great pleasure to help you understand the different styles of whiskey/whisky all at no expense to yourself.
TWC_BlindAsABat

Postby TWC_Dave » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:22 pm

The cure for old age is whiskey,
The cure for Whiskey is the hair of the Dog...
TWC_Dave

Postby TWC_Birdtail » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:49 pm

Glenlivet 12 year is my choice of anti ageing medicine......there is a 15 and 18 year.....but cost gets a little out there...(the other Glens work also)
There's something good waitin' down this road
I'm pickin' up whatever's mine.
"Tom Petty...Runnin' Down A Dream...Full Moon Fever"
TWC_Birdtail

Postby TWC_BlindAsABat » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:59 am

TWC_Birdtail wrote:Glenlivet 12 year is my choice of anti ageing medicine......there is a 15 and 18 year.....but cost gets a little out there...(the other Glens work also)

Not a great fan of the Speyside malts myself. Glenlivet (of whatever age) I would consider suitable for the 11:00 snifter after a walk with the dog but for an evening drink, especially when it is cold outside, then I go for an Islay single malt everytime. My favourite is Laphroaig, its soft but firm peaty flavour is amazing and for some reason always gives me visions of the sea. It isn't to everyone's taste I'll accept; some find it overpowering.

For everyday medicinal drinking I don't think you can go far wrong with Famous Grouse or, if I want to spend a little more, I go Irish with Bushmills whiskey.
TWC_BlindAsABat

Previous

Return to Open Forum