TWC Mission Server Announcements & Updates

Open for all registered users to use.

Re: TWC Mission Server Announcements & Updates

Postby TWC_Sp00k » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:49 am

Am I reading that right that those numbers are as a bomber pilot? I.e kill a ground target, every ground target is a kill?

If not then that is an amazing number and well done to him. If it is, isnt that number realistic being that there as so many targets in close proximity to each other to bomb? Still a great effort, dont get me wrong. But different skill set required.
TWC_Sp00k

Postby TWC_Birdtail » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:49 am

Didn't know you could even get "kills" with a bomber.......I never have.....will have to start looking for hospitals to hit.....
There's something good waitin' down this road
I'm pickin' up whatever's mine.
"Tom Petty...Runnin' Down A Dream...Full Moon Fever"
TWC_Birdtail

Postby TWC_BlindAsABat » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:07 am

Hardes2 is certainly a remarkable pilot who can make the 109 do things that I would not have believed possible. For example, I have seen him/her take a 109 from almost stall speed in level flight and throw it into a near vertical climb despite apparently having virtually no energy. A week or so ago he/she came onto the Mission server whilst I was on and achieve 4 kills (Spits and Hurricanes) in twelve minutes - I could not see, having an eye on Flug's "radar" map (i.e. where the flights were), how that could have been achieved. A remarkable pilot indeed.
TWC_BlindAsABat

Postby TWC_Birdtail » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:46 am

Yes, he does some "Crazy Shit" in a 109. I see him in our servers and Lead Farm/Danger Dogs but cant say if he flies much in ATAG.....has anyone seen him in there?
There's something good waitin' down this road
I'm pickin' up whatever's mine.
"Tom Petty...Runnin' Down A Dream...Full Moon Fever"
TWC_Birdtail

Postby TWC_Creep » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:05 pm

I have seen him fly in ATAG on occasion. The way he is able to turn in a 109 going low and slow without stalling is impressive to say the least.
TWC_Creep

Postby TWC_Iron_Horse » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:39 pm

I have managed to shoot him down twice when flying low and slow so far and the object in fighting him in that scenario is to use flaps, this is the only way you can stay with him but be prepared for some missed heartbeats when you feel your aircraft becoming sloppy in turns. Far better to use the Hurricane and get him to fight you low down!

Regards
Iron_Horse.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.
TWC_Iron_Horse

Postby TWC_BlindAsABat » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:27 pm

Hi, Flug,

Went onto the mission server this evening for a sniff about. I was the first and only person on at the start of a mission, the one that kicked off at about 17:50Z). Shortly after take off time the chat window filled up with reports of German bombers crashing, lots of them, BR. 20 has crashed repeated maybe 12 times, JU-88 has crashed repeated 9 or 10 times at least, and so on. After 30 minutes no german aeroplanes had made it to the English side of the channel. As I write, nearly 40 minutes in, they still haven't though some fighters have now appeared. Looks like the first wave of bombers wiped themselves out.
TWC_BlindAsABat

Postby TWC_BlindAsABat » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:22 pm

Dunno what you have done to the Mission Server, Flug, but it took me ten minutes to get in this evening. First time I have had that sort of a problem for weeks.

Of course having got in I found it was the French map, which I loathe.

As a pint of fine interest, having got in to the server there were two chaps already there, Fast and Blueleader, neither of whom are, I think members of TWC. They were also on the open TWC TS channel. However,all TWC members playing were off on ATAG TS channel and server. There is something there that I cannot quite put my finger on.
TWC_BlindAsABat

Postby TWC_Iron_Horse » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:00 am

s a pint of fine interest, having got in to the server there were two chaps already there, Fast and Blueleader, neither of whom are, I think members of TWC. They were also on the open TWC TS channel.

Spoke to both of them briefly last night, very nice by all accounts but appear to be quiet individuals. Don't see any harm in them being here as with anyone else and who knows...One day hopefully they may become members of TWC.

Regards
iron_Horse.
TWC_Iron_Horse

Postby TWC_Iron_Horse » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:34 pm

Flug, I was on the Mission Server last night 12 February along with other TWC Members and as you know there is rubber banding but we suffered some really annoying types of rubber banding that have not seen before which was really strange.....Hardess2 was on and flying the 109, as usual it came down to some low speed dogfights and like every-one else I got my sights on him but before I could fire he suddenly disappeared vertically below me but instead of rubber banding back up he remained lower equally, when others lined him up for a load of lead his a/c either went left or right well out of their aim and again did not rubber-band back to the previous position. As far as I know even though our a/c rubber-banded they all came back to where they were previously. It got to the point that it was near impossible to get him because of this though he managed to get us!!! We all then gave up!!

Is this associated with the Server?

Regards
Iron_Horse.
TWC_Iron_Horse

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum