TWC Mission Server Announcements & Updates

Open for all registered users to use.

Re: TWC Mission Server Announcements & Updates

Postby TWC_Flug » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:52 pm

TWC_BlindAsABat wrote:Dunno what you have done to the Mission Server, Flug, but it took me ten minutes to get in this evening. First time I have had that sort of a problem for weeks.

Of course having got in I found it was the French map

The Tactical Server is down so for now that Tactical Mission (France) is on rotation with the usual Mission Server M001 (Channel Clash).

**IF** we can get the Tactical Server machine working again we'll switch them to separate servers again.

FYI the Win 10 "Creators Update" really hosed the server when the Microsoft finally forced it through (our servers all all set to NO UPDATES JACKASS in every way possible, but somehow they still find a way to force them through. If anyone would like to organize a tactical raid on MS headquarters in Redmon I'll be your first volunteer for a suicide mission . . . )
TWC_Flug

Postby TWC_Flug » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:53 pm

TWC_Iron_Horse wrote:Flug, I was on the Mission Server last night 12 February along with other TWC Members and as you know there is rubber banding but we suffered some really annoying types of rubber banding that have not seen before which was really strange

I'm hoping this is the type of thing that will be solved by the 4.53 update that is supposedly coming out soon. We'll see. But there are definitely netcode problems in the current server/launcher code.
TWC_Flug

Postby TWC_Flug » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:15 pm

TWC_Sp00k wrote:Am I reading that right that those numbers are as a bomber pilot? I.e kill a ground target, every ground target is a kill?

If not then that is an amazing number and well done to him. If it is, isnt that number realistic being that there as so many targets in close proximity to each other to bomb? Still a great effort, dont get me wrong. But different skill set required.

Yes, bomber kills & fighter point totals are really pretty incomparable. On our servers as on ATAG etc. It is just a different thing.

And just for example, it usually takes many bullets to take down one aircraft. But one bomb can take out MANY aircraft if for example it is well placed on an airport where several planes are parked in close proximity.

A fighter can take out another airplane. But a bomber can take out an AIRPLANE FACTORY.

Yes, taking out the airplane factory is going to score you more points.

So, the scoring does indeed reflect that bombers can take out many, many targets. Because a 250 or 500 pound bomb can take out many things, yes.

That is why they sent bombers to take out the other side's heavy industry, airfields, ships, etc etc etc rather than fighter planes. Which would be rather like trying to take those things out with a peashooter.

Regardless, I was rather pleased with myself when I reached over 300 points as a bomber pilot. I only managed to do that once. Fast has managed to do MULTIPLES of that.

Honestly I don't know how--because bomber pilots die easy. You to do a lot of mighty fine piloting to complete as many missions as he has, and not die.
TWC_Flug

Postby TWC_Flug » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:20 pm

TWC_Sp00k wrote:I.e kill a ground target, every ground target is a kill?

One other point: Netstats and ATAG stats don't count ground kills. And they don't count naval kills.

Really, they only count air-to-air kills.

So, we sort of get in the habit of thinking that those air-to-air kills are the only thing that counts.

That's not true in a real battle or a real war and one of the Big Ideas behind the TWC stats was to start counting all the things that really do count in battle, so that they would become more meaningful to us as pilots. And so that our missions would be more multifaceted and meaningful.

If the only thing you count is air-to-air kills then the only thing that is valued is dogfighting and what you end up with is a dogfight server.

There is nothing WRONG with that per se (especially if you like dogfighting!) but CloD has plenty of servers already that are oriented towards dogfighting.
TWC_Flug

Postby TWC_Flug » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:49 am

Lust Hawk mentioned that the Le Havre Minensuchtboot was disappearing midway through the mission. Turned out that was due to a bug--now fixed.

Additionally, I had turned off most all ships as part of the upgrade (downgrade?) to 4.5. But, I just went & turned them back on. Here is the summary (this is also found in the Mission Briefing):

RED: An enemy tanker has been spotted south of Niton on the Isle of Wight. Several tankers and a Minensuchboot are docked at Le Havre.

Minensuchtboote have been spotted: (1) about 20 miles NNW of Fecamp, steaming towards the mouth of the Seine, (2) at the western tip of the Cherbourg peninsula steaming north towards Bournemouth, and (3) patrolling the western coast of the Cherbourg peninsula, just south of the NW tip of the peninsula.

BLUE: Two corvettes guard 5 precious tankers--search near Selsey point and near the Isle of Wight at Sandown.

Intelligence reports three single corvette patrols--attack if you dare: (1) Originating near Bournemouth and steaming due south towards Cherbourge; (2) about 30 km south of Brighton steam towards Selsey Point; and (3) steaming up the mouth of the Thames starting near Southend-on-Sea and proceeding west towards London.
TWC_Flug

Postby TWC_Iron_Horse » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:52 am

I'm hoping this is the type of thing that will be solved by the 4.53 update that is supposedly coming out soon. We'll see. But there are definitely netcode problems in the current server/launcher code.

Many thanks Flug

Regards
Iron_Horse.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.
TWC_Iron_Horse

Postby TWC_BlindAsABat » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:42 pm

We seem to have gone backwards in the availability of the Beaufighter. It was possible until today to get one at Andover, now its is front-line airfields (Ford, Gosport, Bembridge) only. However, I can get into a 109 at any of the three rear aerodromes!

Surely it cannot be that fecking diificult to have RAF aircraft available at RAF airfields.
TWC_BlindAsABat

Postby TWC_Flug » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:49 am

I just uploaded quite a lot of updates/improvements to the TWC Mission Server, so I would appreciate any feedback on problems you encounter:

- M001 (Cross-Channel) and M003 (France) are now both online, alternating
- (Nearly) all airports should have all new planes available--particularly the Beaufighter, Hurricane Fighter-Bomber, and Blenheim IV-Late variants.

Of course, as usual you must have certain rank or ace level to earn access to various aircraft, but the Beaufighter, Fighter-Bomber, and Blenheim IV-Late are all available immediately or quite early in your career. You can check which aircraft are available at which level in-game with <ac and <nextac or online at http://brenthugh.com/twc/mission-server-stats.htm (scroll down to "Rank, Ace Level, and Access to Aircraft")

- Various bugs in stats fixed - particularly one where when the Bomber pilot was killed, the person's fighter career ended rather than the bomber pilot career.
TWC_Flug

Postby TWC_Sp00k » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:55 am

Is it possIble to change the damage amounts on these things? Wondered whether or not it was possible to change the mineshutenbooten (sp?) to accept damage from a Beaufighter. XX amount of cannon shells sink the boat. Possible?
TWC_Sp00k

Postby TWC_Fatal_Error » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:37 am

No spook 20mm has no effect on mineboat patch will fix this in the future
i7 2700 ,32 gigs, 4 ssd's ,1 7200 terabyte,Warthog,2 mfd's,EDTracker,60 inch hd, 7inch in mfd's 21 I-inc secondary display

[*]iustus facere unus[*]
TWC_Fatal_Error

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum