Edtracker Fix

Open for all registered users to use.

Edtracker Fix

Postby TWC_Sp00k » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:44 am

Fixed the SOB that has been plaguing me for weeks with drifting and chaos. Now no drift and its sweeeeeet.

Fatal, its distance. Damn magnetic waves must be causing tidal changes to my brain fluid. Good old Go pro accessories sorted me out :)

Of course the wife thinks I now look like a teletubby nerd and refuses to bring visitors down this end of the house but that can only be a plus in my book!

TWC_Sp00k

Re: Edtracker Fix

Postby TWC_DG » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:38 am

LOL! Teletubbie!

But which one?

tele.jpg

Spook, now I can enjoy posting a pic! (That worth worth the effort!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TWC_DG

Postby TWC_Sp00k » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:12 pm

The good looking one of course.
TWC_Sp00k

Postby TWC_Rimmer » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:51 pm

Ehhh Oohhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!
TWC_Rimmer

Postby TWC_Fatal_Error » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:33 pm

EDtracker extention.jpg
As I found out also some headsets have wires spaced apart in the headband and cause the magnetic flux to pull toward each other hence leaving the space above the headset (right where you would mount a tracker) to have no magnetic field. Then some headsets twist the wires together and run them to the other ear cup and cause a huge magnetic field. As I have stated if you can calibrate it off the headset then place it on a small sheet of cardboard watch what happens when you bring the headset up to touch the cardboard from below if it drifts it has a magnetic field if not you will be fine. As you can see both Spook and I have elected to fix our current headsets by adding distance to put the tracker above the magnetic field.This is the cheapest solution we have found to date. Hope this helps anyone with drift problems.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
i7 2700 ,32 gigs, 4 ssd's ,1 7200 terabyte,Warthog,2 mfd's,EDTracker,60 inch hd, 7inch in mfd's 21 I-inc secondary display

[*]iustus facere unus[*]
TWC_Fatal_Error

Postby TWC_Pans » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:58 am

THis might be a daft question, but if the problem is external electromagnetic interference, would enclosing the box in a faraday cage help, or would that also negate the function of the EDtracker?
TWC_Pans

Postby TWC_Sp00k » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:26 am

I have just sent an email off to Steven Hawking. Expecting a phone call any minute now.....

While I wait for Steves call, I hyphothesise (sp?) that its easier to get distance than make a Faraday cage. But if I was so inclined, I imagine I wouldnt have a clue :)
TWC_Sp00k

Postby TWC_Pans » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:46 pm

You could just enclose it in a fine metallic mesh, basically!
TWC_Pans

Postby TWC_Sp00k » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:33 pm

2nd Imprortant Ed tracker fix

When the centreing for the head is off centre or sticks off centre when flying.

This situation may not automatically present itself when you get in the cockpit, but it guarenteed to present itself when you least need it most. The centre head position is suddenly left or right of the centre position or stuck to the port or starboard wings.

Now you have tried everything known to man (I did and even got some good but unsuccesful advice from a goat). You have reflashed the software, deleted it and reinstalled an new or previous version, calibrated 400 times, pulled the thing apart and inspected the circuit board you know you shouldnt touch, replaced the lead from the Edtracker to the computer, auto biased it or levels it (software dependant) and held the centring key down for the required 2 seconds to lock centre and held it down a good 200 times longer, just in case it didnt work 199 times before.

The fix is the Centring button for the head position. You have it on. TURN IT OFF! Uncheck, delete, mitigate and destroy. Wipe that check mark from the face of the planet!

The little bas&ID check box gave me grief everynight for 4 days until I came cross an obscure reference in another games forums by chance.

Uncheck Head centreing button (you dont need it).
Auto Bias/Set Level via the button on the front of the software
Recalibrate *3 times as long to be sure, dont want to f&&* it up now)
Check the little green /red recal balls to make sure you have good tight full circles and thats it.

4 minutes work instead of 4 days.

Enjoy.
TWC_Sp00k

Return to Open Forum