Tactical Server fun 24/08

Open for all registered users to use.

Tactical Server fun 24/08

Postby TWC_Brett » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:10 pm

So today I managed to steal an hour to jump on the server for a bit of action.
Only today, I had a spectator. My 8 year old son had decided to come and discover why "daddy hides away in the bedroom for hours". No it's not why you might think!
Having been pottering about on my own, Sp00k and Fatal turned up and we went up for a little 3-ship sortie.
Our first sortie didn't last long, with Fatal getting damaged by a 109 that I was trying to hit but failed to call. My bad.

Second sortie:
After an uneventful start cruising around Flexicourt and Abbeville, we ended up heading down toward Huppy to bust up some trucks. Many passes later I had managed my first ever ground kill in a Spitfire, with Fatal wiping out the rest of the convoy.
Sp00k then called out some contacts North of us so Fatal and I turned tail and headed up to help.
We merged with 3 or 4 contacts (I believe) a mixture of 109's and G50's. We began a dance of turning and climbing and then dropping in on them.
Fatal and Sp00k managed to get a fair few hits on whilst I dragged them round in circles and watched the action.
Eventually Fatal exhausted his ammo and it was my turn to have a crack.
I dropped in on a G50 and had the perfect attack angle, opening up my guns and getting hits as we were both pulling a left hand turn.
At this point, I had a decision to make. We are both banked left at around 20 degrees pulling a slight climb. Do I pull over the top of him or push the stick forward and drop underneath?
As I was already pulling lead on him my instinct was to pull harder upwards rather than push the stick forward and nose towards him and dive underneath.
Unfortunately this is what I did at the same time that the G50 also decided to pull upwards in an attempt to avoid my ammo stream.
Boom, wing gone, I'm out of the fight. All I can do is listen to the fight going on as I drift down in my chute. Gutted.

All the time this was going on, my son was sitting watching, absolutely loving what he was seeing and also listening into the comms (luckily there were no obscenities form Sp00k!). He was genuinely sucked in by what was going on and on the edge of his seat during the dogfight action. I think we may have a future TWC member in the making!
TWC_Brett

Re: Tactical Server fun 24/08

Postby TWC_BlindAsABat » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:34 pm

Nice AAR, Mr. Brett. In relation to your son watching and listening, I think you were lucky in who you were flying with. Some of us tend to be a bit more "Anglo-Saxon" when under stress and had we been involved you would have been left with the task of explaining to your boy the meaning of such expressions as, "Dagnabbit", "Heck" and even "Dang". That said in my experience youngsters don't ask for meanings of expletives they just repeat them out of the blue, usually at the most inopportune moments (e.g. over Sunday lunch at the in-laws or when you have vicar round for tea).
TWC_BlindAsABat

Re: Tactical Server fun 24/08

Postby TWC_Sp00k » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:34 pm

Great AAR Brett and. It. Was a good fight too. My 2nd son is around the same age as your boy. He loves watching the game, if Dad would give up the stick. Fortunately for me, his attention is currently fixated on one of those English soccer games. I hear muttering of how great his team members are over the roar of marching guns lol.
TWC_Sp00k

Return to Open Forum