Changes to AI in Campaign

Open for all registered users to use.

Changes to AI in Campaign

Postby TWC_BlindAsABat » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:50 am

We know Flug made some changes to AI behaviour a few days ago and after that there was an observed effect whereby the AI seemed to fly higher and higher. When I had to log off last night just about all AI flights on both sides were above 20K, a fair few were above 30K and one LW fighter group set the record at 39K (could any 1940 vintage aeroplane reach such a height?).

I have just logged on and the situation seems to have been reversed - nearly all the LW AI flights are stooging around at angels 1, with just a couple at about 12K.

Has something been changed again?
TWC_BlindAsABat

Re: Changes to AI in Campaign

Postby TWC_Flug » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:30 pm

The AI were fighting each other and each was trying to outclimb the other to gain the advantage before launching their attack. So probably realistic in some ways but not really what we wanted.

Anyway that has been addressed but you will see that the AI have now been plugged into the same radar and contact spotting systems that the rest of us use in the server. So expect them to be a bit harder to evade than in the past!
TWC_Flug

Re: Changes to AI in Campaign

Postby TWC_BlindAsABat » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:14 pm

Thanks for that, Flug. Life has got more interesting since the AI started to use radar and if they have stopped chasing each other up to impossible altitudes then joy should be unconfined (except for JG/52 who I think enjoyed the clutter).
TWC_BlindAsABat

Return to Open Forum