Reshade

Open for all registered users to use.

Reshade

Postby TWC_SLAG » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:50 pm

Piranha,

I have Googled Reshade 3.1.1.243, and I can find it mentioned several times in forums, but cannot find a place to download it. Is the difference between the current 3.4.2 and 3.1.1 too big to use it, or some version later than 3.1.1.243?

Also, could you give me again the the string of where to put Reshade? user/user/etc/etc/etc?

Do you use Reshade in DCS?

Thanks,

TWC_SLAG
TWC_SLAG

Re: Reshade

Postby TWC_Piranha » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:10 pm

Slag,
As long as you are using win 10 I think the latest version of reshade is fine, Download here https://reshade.me/. Here is the path to the executable that you want to point reshade to when you launch it, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz then look or Launcher64.exe.
Let me know how it works out.
TWC_Piranha
TWC_Piranha

Postby TWC_SLAG » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:00 pm

Pyranha,

I "think" I have it loaded. But, don't see an instruction manual anywhere, so I can't get to where I choose what to use. Wasn't Reshade supposed to start doing things up in the top left hand corner of the screen when I launched CloD?

TWC_SLAG
TWC_SLAG

Postby TWC_Piranha » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:57 pm

Once you have it downloaded and if in a zip file unzipped into a folder on the desktop you click on the reshade.exe and it asks you to direct to your games executable . I gave you that path above. Then fallow the instructions.
Piranha
TWC_Piranha

Re: Reshade, evidence of load.

Postby TWC_Target » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:10 am

As you start the game the pertinent information of the reshade version should appear at the top of the splash screen as the game loads up. It has been awhile since I used it, but when I did, this information ran fully across the top of the load up screen.

If you want to uninstall it later, you'll need to remove a file it creates in the game directory when you start it for the first time or you'll see the above mentioned message every time you start your game. The type of file it creates eludes me ATM. (In other words, I'm old, I forgot).

One other thing you can do to insure it's loaded correctly is to use the hot key to turn it on and off once you're in the game. There is a marked difference that you can not miss.
TWC_Target

Postby TWC_SLAG » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:14 am

I have Reshade running, and the difference is astounding. I’m sure I can see targets at 10 miles, and probably further. The view is of a sunny day in Denver, rather than Los Angeles on a hazy day. As soon as I take off, I can begin to see a dark band where the French coast is.

When I click on “Settings”, should the box be checked for each one? They aren’t, so I think I know the answer to my question.

Thanks to Pirahna and Target for the help.

TWC_SLAG
TWC_SLAG

Postby TWC_Sp00k » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:55 am

Only check the boxes for the shaders you want to use. You can check them on and off as you like. (Can do it ingame as you play). This way you get the look that looks pleasing yet is still functional. If you accidentally create chaos, simply uncheck the boxes that you played with.
TWC_Sp00k

Postby TWC_Dave » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:14 pm

Can I use reshade with Windows 8.1?
and where can i get it?
TWC_Dave

Postby TWC_Target » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:15 pm

TWC_Target

Return to Open Forum