Piranha or anyone w/VKB stick

Open for all registered users to use.

Piranha or anyone w/VKB stick

Postby TWC_Target » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:22 pm

Are you using the config. software?
TWC_Target

Re: Piranha or anyone w/VKB stick

Postby TWC_Sp00k » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:56 am

Piranha has a Virpil T50 base. Does he even have a VKB stick and would it matter if the circuit board is in the base?
I Presume it does based on my own experience with a T50 base and Warthog and in anticipation of your question to me, no I dont use the TM software. I do use the T50 software, more so now to load the correct firmware so it will work properly with the TM stick. I was calibrating with Windows but found I was doing it often and despite there being no obvious signs of conflict, there was and it was a causing niggly issues between Windows and the T50 software, causing me to lose my firmware on Occassion. I place the blame firmly on W10.

Piranha does the opposite to me and uses ....(and pardon me for speaking in your place Piranha but I am on a roll...) W10 to calibrate and he has no issues....or little in comparison.

I find however the W10 (not necessarily directly relatted to its calibration tool, would occassionally cause my firmware to change or dump it completely. The first time it happened, while problem solving the activity, I was offline for weeks. Last Sunday I was offline for 6 hours in prime flying time. (Oh how I raged).

Before the ticket came back from Virpil for assistance, I determined that the T50 software had 4 firmware options and for 6 hours, I had been trying to load the other 3 not seeing the 4th, which when eventually found, ended up being the winner, resolving my issues and for the first time, allowing me to successfully calibrate with the Virpil software alone. That 4th firmware option being specifically designed for using TM sticks on top of a T50 base. Go figure!.

Anyway, glad you asked, good chat.
TWC_Sp00k

Postby TWC_Target » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:53 pm

Well that was about as helpful as a Beau fighter in... any situation. :mrgreen:
TWC_Target

Postby TWC_Target » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:21 pm

Now look what you've done, all that blathering about your Warthog has somehow infected my VKB and now I'll be grounded until I've sorted out this problem.
Try to take one step ahead and someone is sure to come along and knock you back 2. Thanks a lot Sp00k, it's all your fault. :cry:
TWC_Target

Postby TWC_Sp00k » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:38 am

I hereby invoke the “Piranha” clause in our relationship.

“I cannot be held responsible for the advice I give you or anything you do as a result of my actions, thoughts, comments or perceived mental imagery”
TWC_Sp00k

Postby TWC_Target » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:54 pm

Convenience thy name be Sp00k.
TWC_Target

Postby TWC_Piranha » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:31 pm

Before my comments here I want it understood that I'm firmly invoking the Piranha clause. I'm not responsible for any idiotic advice that I may impart and for you accepting and acting upon it.
Having said that;
I haven't had a firmware dump but I do have to use Win 10 Joy.cpl calibration way too often. Spook, could you elaborate on which firmware you are using now so I can try the same?
Thanks, Piranha
TWC_Piranha

Postby TWC_Target » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:16 pm

"Spook, could you elaborate on which firmware you are using now so I can try the same?" NOOOOOOOO :o . Elaborate you say, pontificate says I.

As I posted on ATAG, I somehow bumbled onto the solution to the problem, but not really knowing what the problem was, I don't know what the solution was either. None the wiser for my time spent hawking around the firmware, software, hardware and all the rest. I suppose leave well enough alone is all I came away with. I guess if I want more buttons I either get a Warthog throttle or go the way of Sparky and go the Arduino route.

PFFFT, elaborate indeed, more like elaborate to the 10th power, or better. Not sure there's a word for it in the English language.
TWC_Target

Postby TWC_Sp00k » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:26 am

Just admit it, you followed my advice and all was well. You can admit it. No one will think any less of you. I promise, I wont even bring it up in conversation..much.

I would be honoured to impart my newfound knowledge with you Piranha. It’s nice to be appreciated and wanted. If only others could see me through your eyes. I shall post it up later tonight when on the PC.
TWC_Sp00k

Postby TWC_Piranha » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:46 pm

Target;
There’s new configuration software on Virpil’s web site. I deleted all the d software and downloaded the new. I then reconfigured the stick with the new thrustmaster compatible firmware which is included in new software. That wasn’t included in the old software or I couldn’t find it before. I then had to remap the game.
I used the. Virpil instructions on thier website which are difficult to fallow but better that Spooks.
Piranha
TWC_Piranha

Next

Return to Open Forum