Stats

Open for all registered users to use.

Stats

Postby TWC_SLAG » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:51 pm

Tonight, after shooting down a 109 and an HE-111, I and a 110 collided. I got credit for a kill, but was also told I was killed, that I landed in enemy territory, survived and spent the rest of the war in a prison camp, and landed safely after parachuting I was between Lympe and Hawkindge at the time, over land, not ocean.

I can't have done all of those. :)

TWC_SLAG
TWC_SLAG

Re: Stats

Postby TWC_Sp00k » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:36 am

Sure you can and once we see Mr Happy, the Squadron pyschologist and merge those personalities of yours with some good ol’ fashioned shock therapy, we should see things return to normal.

Could be contagious tho, theres mention on the ATAG forum of several pilots surviving and dying at the same time with alarming frequency.
TWC_Sp00k

Postby TWC_SLAG » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:20 am

LOL! I’ll make an appointment ASAP.

TWC_SLAG
TWC_SLAG

Postby TWC_Target » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:09 pm

I bailed out over the channel off French point and escaped hiding out in the forest or barn or some such thing. Then I bailed out in the shallows of the channel off Deal and was captured. My chute seems to have failed at all other times, (considering how many times I've had to bail out, that's a high percentage).
So, mass hysteria/hallucination? I think not.
TWC_Target

Postby TWC_Target » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:01 am

Tonight I had a Looney Tune death. I spawned out in the open at Hawkinge, after the warm up I began taxiing at which time I shot into the air as if I had driven over a spring loaded platform booby trap that threw me into the air and when I came down an explosion ensued. It counted as a death, score one for the German sappers.The only way I'm going to get out of the Hurri is if I swallow my pride and fly a … dare I say it? Beau fighter. Seems I just get a couple of kills under my belt and some ridiculous death occurs. This one happened after I bombed the Calais Rail yard and shot down a 109.

Funny thing, later I collided with a 110 and he went in, I suffered damage (according to the msg) but nothing that was obvious, no shaking, no leakage, all controls intact. At that point I decided to quit while I was ahead.
TWC_Target

Postby TWC_Sp00k » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:11 am

Well, I knew you would come to your senses at some point.

I would be honoured to impart the lessons I have gained through exhaustive incalculable experience on the battleground. Hard won honours which didn't come cheaply to the enemy I might add. Your lessons already paid for in the blood of our enemies!

I shall be your mentor, your Yoda, and you, my faithful, loyal, yet slow learning padawan.

I shall be the shepherd, you the sheep and my lessons, your shaggy sheepdog protecting you from the wolves around us.

Daunting isnt it. Awed by the greatness and honour bestowed upon you as a junior Beaufighter pilot under the tutelage of a master. Not to worry, I have the patience of a saint. Mind you, I shall not spare the rod in your lessons, I won't except weakness or excuse. This is war.

At first, you may not appreciate the gift I offer you, but in time, supplication to the ways of the true warrior shall be the only reward I require of you. You, me, the Beau, damn think of the glory that awaits!
TWC_Sp00k

Postby TWC_Target » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:09 am

There are no emojicons that can express the deep dread I feel. A song, a song, a song begins it's haunting melody in my mind as I contemplate my fate most horrendous. Reflecting a credo I most certainly should have adhered to, the far off voices within my memory echoing a most prophetic warning, a warning that nothing is sometimes better than something. Yes, no answer preferred to allowing the emotion of the moment to motivate the lips (or in this case fingers) to form words that might be caught in a net of pride and puffery. Indeed, "Silence is Golden...golden" … but my fingers did type and now I'm on the hook to the XO's delight.

I need to remember my own words more often, speech isn't fishing, once words are out they can't be reeled back in.
TWC_Target

Postby TWC_BlindAsABat » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:26 am

Hey, Mr. Spook,

I see you managed to lose yet another Beaufighter this morning (11:35:03Z). Not that I am taking the piss, you understand. All Beaufighter pilots lose their 'planes from time to time it is the nature of the beast - you get involved in a furball with 109s and you are going down if you can't successfully run away. Some of us do seem to lose more aeroplanes than others is all I am saying.

Anyway, I am really interested in these tutorials that you will be giving Mr. Target; the chance of learning from TWC's foremost Beaufighter pilot (at least since Mr. Brett had to go into semi-retirement) seems a wonderful learning opportunity. Unfortunately, given you are on the other side of the planet the demands of Herself and my dog mean that I am unlikely to be able to join your tutorial flights in real time. However, if you would be good enough to record your tutorials and make them available to other TWC pilots that would be smashing.
TWC_BlindAsABat

Postby TWC_Target » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:02 am

I agree, this would require a thread dedicated to such an endeavor. After all we are expecting great and multiple things from your tutelage. We wouldn't want to have to mine through too much minutia to get to the gems that you will, no doubt, dispense.
TWC_Target

Postby TWC_Sp00k » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:36 pm

I believe I can do that. Tho I am the first to admit, I hate pure inside view CloD video’s.

..and in fairness, I believe I did sacrifice that Beaufighter in a melee where the odds were stacked against survival while trying to protect one of our new flock. He was pilot killed just as I committed so ended up dogfighting 3-4 109’s. I actually survived the initial melee which I firmly believed I would die in and while extracting from that, got bounced by another 4 x 109’s from a group who arrived from on high at the scene just as I was heading west. Couldn’t outrun them.
TWC_Sp00k

Next

Return to Open Forum