We have all done it

Open for all registered users to use.

Re: We have all done it

Postby TWC_Iron_Horse » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:49 pm

Iron. A temporary solution (which became permanent in my case) is to use a tablet or an old laptop as a second monitor, an extend the view on it using a free software like Spacedesk. No cables needed. In the virtual cockpit menu select the second monitor. ;)

Many thanks for the tip fast though unfortunately I do have quite a few tablets but only the ones you have to swallow! :lol:

As Target wrote, I am a bit stuck at the moment, have searched the internet and found that for many they have had no end of problems trying to attach a VGA monitor to these new fangled graphic cards. The adapter I have has a number of pins grouped together then one straight horizontal type connecter with two pins at the top and bottom. I wonder if I were to remove those four pins the adapter would insert into the back of the computer or am I likely to cause damage?

Any help appreciated.

Regards
Iron.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.
TWC_Iron_Horse

Postby TWC_Target » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:46 pm

Noooooooo. That's the pin I was saying sets the difference between what you had and what you need. You need a converter on this order.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product. ... -_-Product

That horizontal pin puts the plug in a different class altogether, plus it an adapter not a converter, to convert the output of the card to the requirements of VGA..

If you call support, as I did, they may tell you the same. (I bought a plug without those extra pins and it didn't work, so I called support and found out I needed a converter like in the link.).

In fact, I'd suggest you do call the support people for your card, I might be right or I might be wrong, they can tell you for sure.
TWC_Target

Postby TWC_Iron_Horse » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:06 pm

Noooooooo. That's the pin I was saying sets the difference between what you had and what you need. You need a converter on this order.

Hi Target, yep, you are quite right regarding my question as I watched a few YouTube videos on connections so have put that brain-scheming thought right out of my 'ead!! :lol:

Will contact support at Scan and see what they suggest, last thing I want is to bugger-up my computer.

Again,many thanks.

Regards
Iron.
TWC_Iron_Horse

Postby TWC_Iron_Horse » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:47 am

Me again Target. E-mailed Scan regarding a connection for the VGA monitor and as expected, Scan were extremely helpful. Just ordered a Scan Display Port v1.1 to VGA (D-Sub) Monitor Cable - 2 Metre so hopefully it will be here tomorrow which means I will be back!! :twisted: Now where did I hear that from?

Regards
Iron.
TWC_Iron_Horse

Postby TWC_Target » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:09 pm

Good for you Iron, now let's hope its the right one, you know how these things can go. ;)
TWC_Target

Postby TWC_Iron_Horse » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:40 am

Well Target, it works a dream!! Went flying last night but................Steam crashed so gave up.......Such is life but will try tonight!!

Regards
iron.
TWC_Iron_Horse

Postby TWC_Target » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:14 pm

Good to hear Iron.

Your message contains 18 characters. The minimum number of characters you need to enter is 25.
TWC_Target

Previous

Return to Open Forum