Reporting Sick Parade

Open for all registered users to use.

Reporting Sick Parade

Postby TWC_Iron_Horse » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:36 am

Sorry chaps, was going to fly last night but around the afternoon went down with a bug with a constant headache. give me a couple of days and will be back but just wanted to let you chaps know I have not done an AWOL!!

Regards
Iron.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.
TWC_Iron_Horse

Re: Reporting Sick Parade

Postby TWC_Creep » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:41 am

hope you feel better soon iron!
TWC_Creep

Postby TWC_Mackers » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:32 am

Hope it goes quickly chap, Hampo is also ill with lurgy - time to activate the antivirus !! :lol:
TWC_Mackers

Postby TWC_Birdtail » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:09 pm

Thought something was up when I saw your ground crew wearing gas masks and spraying some nasty looking stuff in the cockpit of your Spit and Hurri. They had pushed them near the outskirts of the field in some trees.....so could be tricky when you spawn in again :o
There's something good waitin' down this road
I'm pickin' up whatever's mine.
"Tom Petty...Runnin' Down A Dream...Full Moon Fever"
TWC_Birdtail

Postby TWC_Target » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:41 pm

bad time for being sick, on the other hand it's always a bad time. Just be sure not to let yourself stay sick too long.
TWC_Target

Postby TWC_Iron_Horse » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:59 am

Many thanks for your supporting comments chaps, always hate being ill but the older you get the longer it seems to recover!! :lol:

Thought something was up when I saw your ground crew wearing gas masks and spraying some nasty looking stuff in the cockpit of your Spit and Hurri. They had pushed them near the outskirts of the field in some trees.....so could be tricky when you spawn in again :o

Well I hope you can have a word with my crew and tell them not to be so childish and put the ruddy aircraft back to my revetment.

Regards
Iron.
TWC_Iron_Horse

Postby TWC_BlindAsABat » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:03 pm

Whisky, Iron, that is the key as you get older. Keep the booze intake high, higher than you might have done when younger, and if you are feeling a bit under the weather send Herself down to the Co-op for a bottle of Famous Grouse (only 14 quid in my local this week). Also eat lots of hot curry - burn the bugs out from both ends.

Saint Paul in his first letter to Timothy said, "Drinke no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomackes sake, and thine often infirmities." (King James Version I Timothy, Chapter 5, Verse 23). St. Paul was basically correct but he was writing in the middle-east 2,000 years ago. He didn't know about the healing powers of whisky.
TWC_BlindAsABat

Postby TWC_Iron_Horse » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:08 pm

Whisky, Iron, that is the key as you get older. Keep the booze intake high, higher than you might have done when younger, and if you are feeling a bit under the weather send Herself down to the Co-op for a bottle of Famous Grouse (only 14 quid in my local this week). Also eat lots of hot curry - burn the bugs out from both ends.

Saint Paul in his first letter to Timothy said, "Drinke no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomackes sake, and thine often infirmities." (King James Version I Timothy, Chapter 5, Verse 23). St. Paul was basically correct but he was writing in the middle-east 2,000 years ago. He didn't know about the healing powers of whisky.

What a splendid tonic to beat the bugs Blind,now it all makes sense........get paralytic, the inability to co-ordinate ones' movements, unable to manoevre around objects or even judge distances and end up laughing at your predicament in trying to aim for the bowl and giving a good impression of a firefighter hosing down pockets of flames to the front and the sides whilst the wife begins to lose her patience and becomes really mad which in turn, turns the laughing into utter helpless hysterics!!

Problem is.............going to bed (if you can get there) and then as you lie down the room seems to come alive by spinning round and round which makes you want to puke so to try to stop the spinning you go through the recovery procedure by sitting up and falling asleep with your head lolled to one side and don't not forget the morning.........the hangover and feeling like death warmed up but hey...it worked, the hangover is so bad that the illness is secondary to your senses.

Might be the best £20 I could spend on a double malt!! :lol:

Regards
Iron.
TWC_Iron_Horse

Postby Padre » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:43 pm

TWC_Iron_Horse wrote: so to try to stop the spinning you go through the recovery procedure by sitting up and falling asleep with your head lolled to one side and don't not forget the morning.........the hangover and feeling like death warmed up but hey...it worked, the hangover is so bad that the illness is secondary to your senses.

I always thought the proper recovery procedure for a spin was, throttle back, nose down, rudder in opposite direction of spin :D

I do like the whiskey idea, seems its the cure-all for most things!

Hope you're feeling better soon
Last edited by Padre on Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
the Padre
"There are no atheists in Foxholes!!!"
Padre

Postby TWC_BlindAsABat » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:05 am

"I do like the whiskey idea, seems its the cure-all for most things!"

Padre,

I am sure you know this but there is a difference between "Whiskey" (from Ireland) and "Whisky" (mainly, but not exclusively, from Scotland). In terms of health-giving and restorative effects the difference is probably small but in terms of taste and price it is very significant.
TWC_BlindAsABat

Next

Return to Open Forum