track file pre-campaign

Open for all registered users to use.

track file pre-campaign

Postby TWC_Fatal_Error » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:38 pm

here is the files for Mackers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
i7 2700 ,32 gigs, 4 ssd's ,1 7200 terabyte,Warthog,2 mfd's,EDTracker,60 inch hd, 7inch in mfd's 21 I-inc secondary display

[*]iustus facere unus[*]
TWC_Fatal_Error

Re: track file pre-campaign

Postby TWC_Penguin » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:50 pm

heres mine for penguins raid with the lads
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TWC_Penguin

Postby 69th_Sawham » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:55 pm

Track files from bombing test run haut fontain.
69th_Sawham

Postby TWC_Mackers » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:56 pm

recieved all, cheers chaps, appreciated.
TWC_Mackers

Postby TWC_Sp00k » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:08 am

Sim movie throw down? Cool! Look forward to seeing it. We need more movies :)
TWC_Sp00k

Postby TWC_Mackers » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:19 am

Throw down? I doubt it, no externals were on for shiny shots. Fancied seeing what happens with numerous '1st person pilot views' of the same flight, rather than just recording straight from my gpu 'live' from my perspective. First time using track files for it.

I can guarantee it wont win awards or be comparable with anything on youtube/atag/other - I do not have the expertise nor patience.
TWC_Mackers

Postby TWC_Fatal_Error » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:09 am

second flight set with externals and recording from teamspeak
i7 2700 ,32 gigs, 4 ssd's ,1 7200 terabyte,Warthog,2 mfd's,EDTracker,60 inch hd, 7inch in mfd's 21 I-inc secondary display

[*]iustus facere unus[*]
TWC_Fatal_Error

Postby TWC_Sp00k » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:35 am

You would be suprised. A lot of people seem to prefer the in cockpit films only. Depending on what editor you use, you can put in some "vintage footage" theme over the top to create authentic gun cam. Also a good music score (hard to find sometimes) can make all the difference. Editing the audio between voice, explosions and the music score itself can make a huge difference in the vids impact. This is where I fall down. Happy to edit film for hours but audio kills me. Its good to do a bit then walk away and come back to it (rinse and repeat). New ideas spring eternal that way.
TWC_Sp00k

Postby TWC_Mackers » Wed May 01, 2019 9:44 am

I agree, however, I wont be putting music over it. I can't be arsed looking for something that might be suitable or may be usable due to copyright issues expecially on youtube. I wont be attempting to make some high quality action clip or high quality any clip due to lack of expertise and imagination.

I will aim to create a clip of some pilots performing a short sortie together - thats about my limit currently. As time passes, I hope my ability increases - eventually to a point I can make a 'good' video. That is not now though.

My day dreams of mixing in views from AA guns, targets and houses are diminished due to the lack of the ATAG style of track-file modification that allows external views from all sides and the lack of static cameras placed in the missions file. For this kind of video, there would be some preperation required - especially adding the 'human' objects. Nearly to a scripted event purely for the creation of a video. I am tempted to create such a mission file and have some pilots that want to geek out in their roles to create a video - probably portraying a real world recorded/documented/flight/fight/event. There are many to choose from. However, now is not the time - hopefully in the near future.

Here is a 141 squadron video I randomly found while looking for more history/inspiration.

https://vimeo.com/281140494

Strange eh?

Edit: Well, I did the take off part, then realised the TS recordings were for a different flight, thus - this is a no go :lol:

Oh well, lesson learnt.
TWC_Mackers

Postby TWC_Sp00k » Wed May 01, 2019 4:27 pm

That’s a great vid. It never ceases to surprise me how some guys get some of those camera angles. Mission builder perhaps or some accessible god mode?
TWC_Sp00k

Next

Return to Open Forum