Not A Big Fan Of The New Engine Running Idea

Open for all registered users to use.

Not A Big Fan Of The New Engine Running Idea

Postby Padre » Wed May 01, 2019 1:43 pm

Can't say I care for the new way of finding myself seated in a fully prep'd aircraft upon entry in the missions. Even if I remember to throttle back and apply the brakes, I often find that my aircraft has me in an awkward situation with a bunker or a hanger with no chance of resolve. As soon as I try to turn the craft away from the obstruction, when it comes in contact with the obstruction, my plane is wildly thrown about and damaged. In one particular mission the same thing happened 3 times in a row i.e. upon entry engine is running, plane is moving, and once I finally get it to stop and assess the situation I'm left with no choice but to make contact with the bunker, plane gets damaged, exit the mission, restart the mission, and repeat.

I ended up leaving that base and start at another which at least started me up running around in circles in an open field. I never had a problem with having to go through the start-up and warm-up procedures, but then I'm always flying Hurricanes or Spitfires. The couple of times I did try the Beau-fighters or Bombers I thought the warm-up was insufferable.
the Padre
"There are no atheists in Foxholes!!!"
Padre

Re: Not A Big Fan Of The New Engine Running Idea

Postby TWC_Fatal_Error » Wed May 01, 2019 6:14 pm

So tell me which base this was at since only one on the whole map has pre warmed engines
i7 2700 ,32 gigs, 4 ssd's ,1 7200 terabyte,Warthog,2 mfd's,EDTracker,60 inch hd, 7inch in mfd's 21 I-inc secondary display

[*]iustus facere unus[*]
TWC_Fatal_Error

Re: Not A Big Fan Of The New Engine Running Idea

Postby Padre » Thu May 02, 2019 11:37 am

Hi Fatal, every base I've started off in the Mission Server - Blitz, has me starting in a pre-warmed aircraft:

Ford - had a run in with a hanger
Gosport - kept putting me in a bunker
Bembridge - had me spinning around in fields
Andover - had me spinning around in fields
Crepon - started with me spinning in a field but then disqualified me from flying a Hurricane Mk1 even though I'm ranked a Wing Commander 2nd Class
Plumetot - was the same as Crepon except I was restricted from the Spitfire MkiII I tried to start in.

I haven't flown the Campaign Server in a while, so I don't have any information about that server.

Hope that helps :-)
the Padre
"There are no atheists in Foxholes!!!"
Padre

Return to Open Forum