stick & rudder

Open for all registered users to use.
TWC_Birdtail

stick & rudder

Post by TWC_Birdtail » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:24 am

In getting used to my MFG pedals and tripping around the internet I came across the book Stick & Rudder. I had heard of it before but had never seen it....you can buy it online but I found this if you want to read online.
https://ia800105.us.archive.org/22/item ... Flying.pdf
While reading some of it I was thinking of Creep and his quest for his PPL (sounds like a must for new pilots)
I don't know how much of this info is even modeled in our flight sims...but still worth reading.
You can also download from ATAG
https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/ ... loadid=129
There's something good waitin' down this road
I'm pickin' up whatever's mine.
"Tom Petty...Runnin' Down A Dream...Full Moon Fever"

TWC_Creep

Re: stick & rudder

Post by TWC_Creep » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:29 am

I am embarrassed to admit that I have not yet read this classic, but I will correct that as soon as I can! Thanks for sharing Bird. Fyi... my rescheduled check-ride is 6/21. ;)

TWC_Birdtail

Post by TWC_Birdtail » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:12 am

Good luck on your check-ride, all TWC'ers are in your corner....you will nail this.
In no time at all you will be looking to buy a Cessna 150 Aerobat then move on to a Pitts Special or a Sukhoi.....and Red Bull will come knocking on your door :)
There's something good waitin' down this road
I'm pickin' up whatever's mine.
"Tom Petty...Runnin' Down A Dream...Full Moon Fever"

TWC_Iron_Horse

Post by TWC_Iron_Horse » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:52 am

Well Creep, once you have had your check-ride there will be no 'creeping' away from posting your Post Flight Briefing.

What we, the TWC Squadron want to read is not that you were assessed as 'Below Average' or even 'Average' but expect you to maintain the 'Above Average Assessment' that is paramount to some-one with your experience in on-line aerial combat.

Hope all goes well for you any-way.

Regards
Iron.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.