Recruitment: Would you like to be a Wrecker

Post here for consideration to join Squad. Please copy and paste recruitment form below with you answers to questionnaire

Re: Recruitment: Would you like to be a Wrecker

Postby TWC_Birdtail » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:17 am

Welcome to "The Wreckers" Fast, have seen your name on the Mission Server many times with big numbers in the kill column. It's good to have another Canadian on board.....you can never have too many Canadians :) . I live out in BC.
There's something good waitin' down this road
I'm pickin' up whatever's mine.
"Tom Petty...Runnin' Down A Dream...Full Moon Fever"
TWC_Birdtail

Postby TWC_BlindAsABat » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:58 pm

"... you can never have too many Canadians ..."

So said Field Marshal Haig in 1917. Sorry, but this morning I was reading up on the Canadian Corps taking Paschendale, an amazing feat of arms, so your comment slotted straight into place.

Anyway, welcome, Mr. Fast, glad to have such an accomplished pilot (yes, I too have seen you about and your kills scores) in the squadron. Also nice to have another pensioner to help balance out the young, impetuous whippersnappers.
TWC_BlindAsABat

Postby TWC_Creep » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:57 pm

Welcome Fast! I too have seen you online many times. Can't wait to chat with you while flying!
TWC_Creep

Postby TWC_Hoss » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 pm

Welcome Fast i look forward to flying with you soon.
TWC_Hoss

Postby TWC_Mic » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:57 am

From Europe.

Welcome Fast.
Havn't meet you online yet. But looking forward to fly with
you all soon. A little busy at the moment.
The Canadian side grows strong i see. :D
Good.

Best wishes

Mic
TWC_Mic

Postby TWC_Fast » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:41 pm

Thanks to all of you for your welcome.
Hope to meet you in the air soon...
TWC_Fast

Postby TWC_Foyle » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:42 pm

1. Have you read and accept our Code of Conduct? *:

Yes

2. Current flight nic * and Are you willing to change it to reflect your acceptance into TWC: (after your 30 day trial you need to Reflect TWC_ in front of your nickname) then change it in the forum please

Andrew Foyle, Plt Off
if accepted, I'd like to be TWC_Foyle

3. Do you currently belong to a squadron? If so why are you leaving? * :

No

4. Age *:(We are adults and conduct ourselves as such over 18 only may apply)

5. Favorite Country/Favorite Plane:

United Kingdom / Spitfire Mk Ia or IIa or Hurricane Mk I FB

6. Current Timezone *:

US-Eastern

7. Preferred Mission Type (Fighter,Bomber,Ground Attack etc.):

Fighter or using the Hurricane for Ground Attack and Close Air Support

8. Do you have TeamSpeak*:

Yes

9. TWC nic you wish to assemble: TWC_

TWC_Foyle

10. Referred By (If no one leave blank):

TWC_Fatal_Error

11. Tell us a little bit about you *: Start with your actual name please

Hello, Wreckers, my real name is actually Rich — Andrew Foyle is a character in the RAF from the ITV series Foyle's War. ;) I have a professional background in software engineering in the internet sector and have also done work as an audio engineer, mainly in live sound.

At the beginning of this year, I started to get interested in flight sims as a hobby, starting out with X-Plane 11. I've always been a bit of an Anglophile as well as a history and film buff, and lately I've found myself fascinated with all things related to the Battle of Britain, reading numerous books about it (e.g. The Most Dangerous Enemy), its aircraft (e.g. Spitfire Stories), and its pilots (e.g. First Light), as well as enjoying the films (like the Michael Caine classic and Dunkirk) and series (like the aforementioned Foyle's War and Piece of Cake) that take place during this era.

The first combat sim I got into was a title called Battle of Britain II: Wings of Victory. I loved the attention to historical detail and the chance to see and participate in recreations of some of the notable moments of the conflict. But as good as the AI is in that game, I found myself missing the human interaction that must have played such a central role in the lives of the pilots of the RAF: i.e. their squad mates. I came across the Blitz edition of Cliffs of Dover on Steam and found that the fundamentals I had learned for driving a Spitfire mostly translated across games, and then one of the first times playing online I bumped into Fatal, who after saving me from being shot down by a 109 on the ATAG server was then kind enough to help show me some more of the virtual ropes. Since then I've enjoyed playing on the TWC Mission server and more recently on the Tactical server, where participating in the dynamic battles of the French map has been loads of fun, even if my careers have not always tended towards longevity.

I very much enjoy collaborative play and the larger recreations where I get to form part of a squadron intercepting waves of He 111s, Do 17s, and Ju 88s. That's where I feel I'm currently the most skilled. I'm also learning about using the Hurricane for offensive purposes and CAS. And finally, although I have a decent sense of the basics of ACM, I still have a long way to go when it comes to honing my dogfighting skills, and I'm looking forward to improving them.

I hope to prove myself as an able and positive contributor to TWC -- I've even got some ideas for custom nose art for my kite. :D
TWC_Foyle

Postby TWC_Mic » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:35 am

Welcome here Mr. Foyle.

Looking forward to meet you.

The fun thing is that Foyle's War is actually one of my favorite TV series out there......one of my Facebook friends and favorite Foyle's War figure is Honeysuckle Weeks the actress who plays Samantha Stewart. :D

Best wishes
Mic
TWC_Mic

Postby TWC_Iron_Horse » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:24 am

Hi Rich and welcome to TWC. Like you, I am into flight simulation though have FSX installed but tend to fly CLOD a lot more than I do in FSX though the newly released VC10 has got me back into the air quite a bit and as Just Flight are now actively making a Vulcan and having seen the instrument panel that is my next purchase when it is released, even ORBX who do add-on sceneries have now acquired the rights to photo-scenery and they are presently engaged in re-doing the UK so looking forward to when that comes out so I can do a very low pass over my home.

I used to have Wings of Victory on my computer and found it very immersing but much prefer CLOD.

Looking froward to flying with you very soon.

Regards
Iron_Horse.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.
TWC_Iron_Horse

Postby TWC_Fatal_Error » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:14 am

Welcome TWC_Foyle good to have you with us sir. you will have a new user name when next we speak so please change your steam name to match your request. and message snapper and he will change your name on the ATAG forums to reflect it also. Hope to see you soon Fatal
i7 2700 ,32 gigs, 4 ssd's ,1 7200 terabyte,Warthog,2 mfd's,EDTracker,60 inch hd, 7inch in mfd's 21 I-inc secondary display

[*]iustus facere unus[*]
TWC_Fatal_Error

PreviousNext

Return to Recruitment to TWC