Recruitment: Would you like to be a Wrecker

Post here for consideration to join Squad. Please copy and paste recruitment form below with you answers to questionnaire

Re: Recruitment: Would you like to be a Wrecker

Postby TWC_BlindAsABat » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:34 pm

Wotcha Gallows, welcome to the Squadron. I expect one of the grown-ups will be along soon to take care of the formalities. Oh, I see you are on Australian Eastern Standard Time in which case you might not get a proper grown-up to look after you. You will probably get Mr. Spook; he is our squadron adjutant.

You maybe aware that during the war the RAF used "old" and worn out pilots as adjutants - chaps still of service age but whose mental capacities were no longer fast or flexible enough to cope with flying duties. Mr. Spook is a classic example of the breed (except that TWC still let him fly sometimes). He is jolly keen on meat pie floaters and issuing rather pointless instructions. Best thing to do when he tells you something is to smile and nod, don't worry if you don't understand or remember what he said because he won't either.
TWC_BlindAsABat

Postby TWC_NINja » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:01 pm

TWC_BlindAsABat wrote:
You maybe aware that during the war the RAF used "old" and worn out pilots as adjutants - chaps still of service age but whose mental capacities were no longer fast or flexible enough to cope with flying duties. Mr. Spook is a classic example of the breed (except that TWC still let him fly sometimes). He is jolly keen on meat pie floaters and issuing rather pointless instructions. Best thing to do when he tells you something is to smile and nod, don't worry if you don't understand or remember what he said because he won't either.

:lol: LUVIN IT!!! :lol:
TWC_NINja

Postby TWC_Sp00k » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:01 am

Smile and wave, smile and wave..

What is a meat pie floater? Doesn’t sound pleasant
TWC_Sp00k

Postby TWC_Dave » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:04 pm

Well,

I spent my first 9 years growing up in Australia,
and while I encountered many foods, some good (potato scallops!)
some bad (Vegemite!)
I have never heard of <a href="https://www.google.com/search?q=What+is+a+meat+pie+floater&rlz=1C1CHWA_enUS516US516&oq=What+is+a+meat+pie+floater&aqs=chrome..69i57.1933j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8">a meat pie floater.</a>

Pea soup, sounds good, slab of beef, ok,
pile of ketchup???? EEEeewww!!!
Oh well, I guess you can wash down anything if you have enough beer...
TWC_Dave

Postby TWC_Dave » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:11 pm

actually this recipe sounds better...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmkwcB4iPBg
TWC_Dave

Postby TWC_Sp00k » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:21 pm

Hmm if I wanted mashed potato or peas on or in my pie, I would make shepherds pie. (Another favourite with Guinness - lol only time I drink Guiness)

Tomato sauce is the only thing that should sit atop of an Aussie meat pie. Anything else is unAustralian.
TWC_Sp00k

Previous

Return to Recruitment to TWC