Greetings

Post here for consideration to join Squad. Please copy and paste recruitment form below with you answers to questionnaire

Greetings

Postby TWC_Recon » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:23 pm

Hi All, thanks to Spook and Taipan yesterday for making we welcome to the ATAG server and for the flight time helping to get me airborne again! I am getting back into CloD after a few years away (the wife had a couple of kids - they keep a guy busy!)... So about me..

1. Have you read and accept our Code of Conduct? *:
Yes and yes

2. Current flight nic * and Are you willing to change it to reflect your acceptance into TWC: (after your 30 day trial you need to Reflect TWC_ in front of your nickname) then change it in the forum please
Recon and yes

3. Do you currently belong to a squadron? If so why are you leaving? * :
No, was part of _RAAF_ a couple of years back with the likes of Toumba, Firestorm and Smouch etc, also I believe Taipan and Pappy may remember me from then?

4. Age *:(We are adults and conduct ourselves as such over 18 only may apply)

5. Favorite Country/Favorite Plane:
Spitfire and Hurricane - I only fly Allied planes as have never been able to get the Axis ones to work properly!

6. Current Timezone *:
AEST

7. Preferred Mission Type (Fighter,Bomber,Ground Attack etc.):
Fighter/ground attack

8. Do you have Mumble*:
Not yet - can grab it easily enough

9. TWC nic you wish to assemble: TWC_
TWC_Recon

10. Referred By (If no one leave blank):
Sp00k

11. Tell us a little bit about you *:

I have 300+ hours logged in CloD from back when it first came out. I am now trying to re-learn the ropes, and of course all the cool new TF content. I fly with an ultrawide monitor, Track IR and basic stick + throttle setup, no pedals. I really fly for the teamwork aspect of it, and enjoy flying close formations - plus i love the BoB era and planes etc. Full disclosure, I suck hard tactically and lose way more fights than i win at the moment! :-) I am keen to learn from you all, especially how to improve my gunnery, and how to combat the boom and zoom tactics of the axis fighters, i have always sucked at that and i think i became disheartened with clod back in the day when the 109s were so much faster than the allied planes - i lost count of how many 109s used to just fly away from us after attacking while i yelled obscenities at them!

Keen to fly some events with you all, and hang out online a bit.

Questions: what are the best nights/times for you all? Having your kids, my weekends arent much of an option sadly, so evenings are the only real times i have at the moment!
TWC_Recon

Re: Greetings

Postby TWC_Piranha » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:29 am

Welcome aboard TWC_Recon!!
Someone's on almost all the time. If you see me on give me a shout on Teamspeak. We've given up on mumble.
TWC_Piranha
TWC_Piranha

Postby TWC_Sp00k » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:39 am

Welcome aboard mate. You have TWC TS comms setup and you have changed the moniker on your aircraft to reflect you name and Squadron.

Next we need to get you the TWC Skin (White tail). Went looking for the Thread link in here with no joy. Tried to upload it to the drop box but get a 404 error, tho I can see other files in there. May have to mail it to you.

Will try to upload the file. Needs to be put into each Spitfire folder. You need to create or amend a similar spitfire folder to make sure it says, "SpitfireMkIa_100oct" (without the inverted commas) and put the file in there also.

Theres a seperate file for the Hurri, ill upload next if this works.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TWC_Sp00k

Postby TWC_Sp00k » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:44 am

Success. That one has a white prop spinner and is the ligther shade Spit. You can change the prop spinner colour if you wish or I can do it for you if you cannot.

Hurricane file attached.... When dropping the Hurricane skin into the Hurricane folders, ensure you have a folder which states this exactly... "HurricaneMkI_100oct" (without inverted commas).

Both Spit and Hurri 100oct folders require minor amendment to the names to work. Type them as seen above (inside the "s)

Correct path to the skin folders is.. C:\Users\Owner\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\PaintSchemes\Skins

There is a cleaner version of Spit and Hurri Skins (no white prop spinners, just tails) somewhere on here. Someone may have the link or help find it. If you want those, simply place them in the each of the Hurri and Spit folders within the path above.

Each spit folder must have a copy of the TWC Skin as with each type of Hurricane.

You wont see them in ATAG, but you will on TWC servers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TWC_Sp00k

Postby TWC_Birdtail » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:10 pm

Welcome to the Wreckers Recon....great bunch of guys here...look forward to flying with you. Just a heads up on the skins...we all call them Mark ones but in the skins folders it is actually a capital I not a 1 in the file name....myself and others got caught up in this little quirk. As Spook pointed out it has to be exactly as shown....
There's something good waitin' down this road
I'm pickin' up whatever's mine.
"Tom Petty...Runnin' Down A Dream...Full Moon Fever"
TWC_Birdtail

Postby TWC_Sparky_VR » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:31 pm

~S~ and welcome to the Crew Im a noob trying to relearn also been back since Aug. and have really enjoyed flying with this squad think you will too.

Sparky
TWC_Sparky_VR

Postby TWC_Recon » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:23 pm

cheers lads! I will sort those skins out tonight! Last night the ATAG server was dead all evening, I was surprised, i thought it would have been busier in the evenings, shame. Had a blast on the TWC mission server with Spook though towards the end of the evening, good fun.
TWC_Recon

Postby Tekk » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:31 pm

Welcome aboard Recon!

I'm a big fan of formation flying and tactics, always looking for wingmen who enjoy doing either to fly with!

-Tekk
Tekk

Postby TWC_Hoss » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:54 pm

Welcome Recon look forward to flying with you mate

Hoss
TWC_Hoss

Postby TWC_Hammer » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:03 pm

Welcome to the squad TWC_Recon. Looking forward to flying with you.

Hammer 8-)
TWC_Hammer

Next

Return to Recruitment to TWC