Skewers report on Latest Campaign - Great but 2 X game crash

All viewers allowed post your comments here we will add tips and tricks as we can

Skewers report on Latest Campaign - Great but 2 X game crash

Postby Skewer » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:37 am

<S> Fatal and the Crew
Excellent developments - Congrats again, and having fun.
Hope you keep the external views on tracks for viewing - after-match pleasure.

My Issue? - Bombed Chebourg fuel 109 3/B - As I was pulling out watching the inferno and observing the 'fuel wiped out' message with a satisfied grin, the game crashed, without drama. Just 'poof', gone.
I have a very stable system, and this was a first for Blitz. I thought it could be random.
Then flew and bombed Sheerness fuel, with success, and evaded 4 fighters, but ditched with engine damage 3 or 4 mins after successful bombing - All as usual. No issues there.
But... just flew a second mission after relaunching, to Caen fuel (yes, I like the fireballs, OK :) ) and had a repeat of the first instant cessation of the game - no freeze, just thwop - gone to desktop. Saw 'ground targets destroyed' system message just before the exit. The track did not save due to the exit.
The timing seemed the same in both system failures - Fuel tank fireball and 5 to 10 secs after, back at the desktop.
As a test, I then flew a fighter mission - downed bombers - landed. No issues.

Thoughts?

Cheers.
Skewer
Skewer

Re: Skewers report on Latest Campaign - Great but 2 X game c

Postby 9./JG52 Pans » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:30 am

Skewer wrote:had a repeat of the first instant cessation of the game - no freeze, just thwop - gone to desktop.
The timing seemed the same in both system failures - Fuel tank fireball and 5 to 10 secs after, back at the desktop.

Skewer

That'll be Fatal's new AAA countermeasures. Be thankful he stopped short of flak kills auto-uninstalling your game! ;)

On a more serious note, it sounds like something about the big fiery blast is triggering your game to throw it's toys out of the pram. The bad news is, my first instinct is that this might be an issue on your end rather than the server. Are you running the game at very high graphics settings? It might be worth turning on logging mode and seeing if that throws up any errors.
9./JG52 Pans

Postby TWC_Birdtail » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:07 pm

I too have had system crashes( 2 for sure one in a blennie and one in JU88) and fps in the 10 to 15 around the burning fuel tanks. None of these happen during the big war campaign just in the new testing server. i believe others also have had system crashes in the testing server. Maybe toning down the black smoke after the fire ball......everyone likes to see sh#* blow up :D
There's something good waitin' down this road
I'm pickin' up whatever's mine.
"Tom Petty...Runnin' Down A Dream...Full Moon Fever"
TWC_Birdtail

Postby TWC_Mackers » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:52 am

In game, under Options \ Video \ Advanced - try turning the "Visual Effects" down to "Medium".

Visual Effects option tool tip states "Reduce visual quality of special effects, such as fire and smoke, to improve overall performance".

The smoke effects in CLoD are very graphically intensive. My cards are old ATI HD7850's and "medium" helps prevent machine lock-up (Power Button Restart).

I hope this helps.

PS - fire/smoke still looks great on the ground and in the air.
TWC_Mackers

Postby Skewer » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:47 am

Update
Thanks for the suggestions and comments gents.0
I Hunted for reasons for crashes external to Blitz - Possible cause: I had Reshade (which would not work with Blitz for me - Suggestions welcome!) and I had removed MOST of it - but - on checking I found the Dlls still there - a likely suspect. Calls to those would be messy without the rest of the programme -
Removed them and have flown 5 sorties, including bombing oil tanks, without system crashes, so far.

Any tips on getting Reshade to work appreciated - The sky banding annoys me in this otherwise gorgeous environment.

BTW - Am I able to PM Fatal (or other admins) with reports... as non TWC?

In the meantime - would some kind TWC gent pass the following on to whomever it concerns:
I flew 2 missions to test Caen fleet Ship strength at Fatal's suggestion:
Rpt 1: 2X 50s from BF109 E/3B seemed to take out a tanker - I will recheck this. System message attributed kill to me, but might it have been damaged already? No sign of that, but the other ships were semi-submerged from my aircraft view. I was shot down, and while bobbing about with the fish at sea level view, saw that the fleet had raised itself - and added a destroyer, which was probably the mysterious buster of my 109.

Rept 2: Returned to find the fleet up and stationary a mile out from Crepon. Flew on to find the second fleet from Chebourg, which had 3 ships: One destroyer and a tug? (or 2 Destroyers), and a large ship upside down keeping pace with the leading 2 small ships.
Sank a destoyer with 4 X 50s, my a/c being damaged already, and ditched.

Looking forward to the landing craft and large convoys! Nice.
<S> Skewer
Skewer

Return to CLIFFS OF Dover Non-TWC